The School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering (CIDSE) in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University (ASU) seeks applicants for a full time lecturer position beginning January 2017. CIDSE has locations on the Tempe and Polytechnic Campus’ so some travel between locations should be expected. In addition CIDSE has an online presence. This is a non-tenure track appointment with a fixed term academic year contract. Appointments will be made at the rank of Principal Lecturer, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer commensurate with the candidate’s experience and accomplishments, beginning January 2017.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline and teaching experience in an undergraduate program is required.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching that incorporates active learning
- Extensive knowledge of software engineering, programming languages, information assurance, or computer systems and networks
- A doctorate or nearly-completed doctorate with proven teaching skills in undergraduate education in both full-immersion and digital immersion formats.
- Professional experience in the areas of software application and systems development
- Commitment to work collaboratively with a diverse student population
How to apply:
To apply, please visit engineering.asu.ed/hiring and submit the following materials to the email specified for Lecturer, Computing, Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering (11779):
- Cover letter
- Current CV
- Statements describing teaching interests
- Contact information for three references
Review of applications will begin on December 16, 2016; if not filled, reviews will occur on the 1st and 15th of each month thereafter until the search is closed.
For more information contact Dr. Baoxin Li, at 480 727-5317 or email@example.com.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. See ASU’s full non-discrimination statement (ACD 401) and the Title IX statement.
ASU offers applicants an opportunity to voluntarily disclose information for the University’s affirmative action plan; applicants may complete an EEO survey for the position they are applying for online.
Information you’ll need to complete the survey:
Job Number: 11779
Job Title: CIDSE Lecturer
Department Name: Engineering