The School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering, one of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University seeks applicants for tenure-track/tenured faculty positions in human-centered computing.
Areas of interest include:
- Innovative concepts at the nexus of emphasis on internet of things (IoT) testbeds
- Design, security issues
- Crypto algorithms and hardware implementation including wearables
- Sensor networking
- Cyber-physical systems
- Low-power computing and communication and systems
However, the originality and potential impact of the candidate’s work has higher priority than the specific area of research.
The School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering includes faculty working on a variety of topics in human-centered computing including the Center for Embedded Systems and the Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing. Extensive collaborations exist across the university, including the Arts, Media and Engineering and the Human Systems Engineering programs. The current openings are intended to broaden this expertise and expand collaborations.
- Earned doctorate in computer science, computer engineering, informatics or related field
- Demonstrated evidence of excellence in research and teaching as appropriate to the candidate’s rank
- Record of acquiring external funding
- Record of publication in top-tier journals/conferences with real-world impact
- A commitment to a trans-disciplinary approach to research and teaching
Faculty members are expected to develop an internationally recognized and externally funded research program, adopt innovative educational practices in graduate and undergraduate education, develop and teach graduate and undergraduate courses, advise and mentor graduate and undergraduate students, and undertake service activities. Appointment will be at the assistant, associate or full professor rank commensurate with the candidate’s experience and accomplishments, starting August 2017.
How to apply
To apply, please visit engineering.asu.ed/hiring and submit the following materials to the email specified for Trustworthy IoT and Wearable Systems (11792):
- Current CV
- Statements describing research and teaching interests
- Contact information for three references
Review of applications will begin December 9, 2016; if not filled, reviews will occur on the 1st and 15th of every month thereafter until the search is closed.
For further information or questions about this position please contact the search committee chair Professor Sarma Vrudhula at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. See ASU’s full non-discrimination statement (ACD 401) and the Title IX statement.
ASU offers applicants an opportunity to voluntarily disclose information for the University’s affirmative action plan; applicants may complete an EEO survey for the position they are applying for online.
Information you’ll need to complete the survey:
Job number: 11792
Job title: IoT and Wearable Systems
Department name: Engineering